Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Blog Action Day - 2008

October 15th is Blog Action Day. This year's theme is poverty.
This may be a lone cry in the darkness, but isn't focusing on something prone to giving it more reality? This is a very dangerous area to be treading in.
I am not, repeat not, denying that there are millions living in poverty.
Wouldn't we (those of us who are too far away to help directly in a physical sense)be better serving them by thinking in terms of ABUNDANCE FOR ALL?
I advocate this mindset: there is enough here for all of us.
I pledge to help those in need.
I pledge to pray and act on behalf of those who
who are living in scarcity.
I pledge to remember to share.
I know my place in the world. I know that I am one of the "lucky" ones.
It's easier for me to say all this.
THAT'S WHY I AM SAYING IT.

(Click on the link above if you do want to learn more about Blog Action Day)

No comments: