Saturday, December 29, 2007

Three Little Birds

About a year and a half ago, I wrote a list of everything I was worried about. Of the 11 items on the worry list, ten have either been resolved or are simply no longer active worries of mine. (The only worry left is about my children, and that one will probably always be on my list!) So, what does that say to me? Did worrying about any of those things make them go away? No. Most of them were resolved by my changing the circumstances of my life, and by the passage of time. Most of the things we worry about never happen.
"Rise up this mornin',
Smiled with the risin' sun,
Three little birds
Pitch by my doorstep
Singin' sweet songs
Of melodies pure and true,
Sayin', (this is my message to you-ou-ou:)
Singin': don't worry 'bout a thing,
'cause every little thing gonna be all right.
Singin: don't worry (don't worry) 'bout a thing,
'cause every little thing gonna be all right!"

No comments: