Friday, December 14, 2007

Inspiration, Part I

As I sat down to write a new post, my first thought was, "I need inspiration!" Now, anyone who knows me could guess that my favorite book is the dictionary (because it contains all the other books). So, naturally, I first visited my favorite book's cousin, the Online Dictionary (easier, but doesn't smell as good).
I was struck by the multiple meanings of inspiration. Specifically, I noticed that one meaning has to do with the act of inhalation, or taking air into the lungs. Again, you might also know that for the past year I have had an issue with inhalation. I often have the feeling of not being able to take a full breath. This physiological issue has not yet been resolved, although it appears not to be fatal (so far). I continue to meditate on its genesis. I do have some ideas, but having the ideas does not seem to have generated any quantum healing. I do note here that, according to my personal belief system (that's a disclaimer in case you didn't know): The healing occurs in the instant that I believe in the healing.
And so I wait. To inspire, and to be inspired. I am not really sure whether waiting itself is the answer, or if there is something else I ought to be doing. Sometimes I feel as though I have been waiting my entire life to be inspired. To that, now I have added "waiting to inspire."

No comments: