Monday, December 17, 2007

Right Now

Right now, the sky is blue and the sun is shining.
Right now, the wind is blowing fiercely, and it is very cold outside.
Right now, the snow and ice are settling in for a long stay.
Right now, I just finished a bowl of black bean chili, a pot of which I have been enjoying for about 5 days, since no one else in the house wants to eat it. I swear, each bowlful gets better, especially with a dollop of Fage Total 0% fat yogurt on it. I am not really sure how I managed to live my life up until the moment I first tasted Fage. I'd walk a mile for some Fage. It's that good.
If you can get your hands on some, you will see.
Right now, I forgive myself for digressing.
Right now, I am calm.
Right now, it is quiet (except for the wind).
Right now, I feel at peace with everything.
Right now, I am glad this post is on a more personal level than previous ones. (I have been really ambivalent about whether to have this blog be 'personal' or not.)
Right now, I am just glad to be here.
Right now, I don't have to be right, now.

1 comment:

Pamir- said...

Right now, I'm happy you ventured into blogging. Right now I'm wondering how I'm going to freeze my Florida buns off when I visit NYC at the end of December. Your blog will find its way. You've a lot to offer & writing is revelatory for the writer & reader. Joy of the Season to you!