Thursday, March 19, 2009

Spring Cleaning

Just an update:
I am in the midst of spring cleaning, both of my house and of my self! The house is getting de-cluttered, first of all. It is amazing how much stuff we can accumulate...we have lived here less than two years, and it already needs purging! Then there is some serious, deep cleaning to do. Enough said about that. Finally, there is a long list of home projects, some of which will be farmed out to the experts, like chimney cleaning and the like. But there are still the phone calls and arrangements to be made for those.
I am also spring cleaning my self! I'll be getting to work on shedding those winter layers; read: excess weight! Yep, it's happened again. I am a bit of a yoyo when it comes to my weight. This time, I am going to work harder at getting and staying active. Last time I really didn't incorporate an exercise regimen. This time I am.
I had my first yoga class today. It is kundalini yoga, which gives special attention to the spine and endocrine system. I have a real good feeling about this. I will also be walking more, and want to mix in some weight-bearing exercises too. I have ordered new eyeglasses, the first new pair in three years!
Finally, I am continuing the ongoing "Meredith" project - a lifelong process, to be sure. Each phase of growth is exciting. It's nice to know that we do not stop learning as we age (hopefully). I expect to be a finished product when I am ready to make my exit from this realm, and not a minute earlier.

No comments: