Sunday, November 16, 2008

Listmania

I'm not sure, but I think there was something I was meaning to do, but I can't remember what it is. Let's see, did I make a list? Maybe it's on the list. I wonder where that list is, anyway. It seems like I must have left it on the counter in the kitchen. Isn't that where I usually leave a list I have made? Or, I suppose, it could be in my purse. That's another place that I tend to put lists that I have made. They make their way there once I am ready to go out and actually do some or all of the things on the list, or lists, as the case may be. Sometimes the things are mixed, that is, some things are meant to be done at home, and some are meant to be done while out. In which case, the list could be anywhere, really. If only there were some rhyme or reason to the whole thing. It seems as though this would be one area that I could control the outcome. I mean, it is my very own list, after all. It is I that decides what to put on the list, how to prioritize the things on the list, and even whether to do the things on it all, if ever. By definition, though, they were important enough to be placed there, so they must be important enough to do. Even so, if enough time goes by, it is possible for the to-do item to be rendered obsolete. If I could think of an example here, I would put it, but I can't, so I won't. It is still true, by the way, that I am thinking there was something I had to do, and I did assume that I had it on some sort of list, even though I am not sure such a list exists. But if the list did exist, and I have reason to think it does, chances are the to-do item is on that list. Or should be. So, proceeding on the assumption that both the list and the to-do item exist, I can only guess as to the whereabouts and whatabouts of each. Is whatabouts even a word? I don't think so, but it sure sounds like it should be a word. Maybe I just coined it! As a matter of fact, while we are on the subject of coining words, that is something that has always been a dream of mine. So, now I can cross that off my list! If I could find the list. Oy vey.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can relate in a very big way! chuckle chuckle.