Sunday, November 2, 2008

Fly Away

"Write of where you would fly if you could." There is a place I would go to, although I am not sure if it truly does exist outside my own imagination. It is a beach, of course, with white sand and clear blue water. Set back from the beach is a beautiful, lush garden, with a path leading to a lovely little cottage nestled among a stand of trees. There are no other houses nearby. The whole place seems quiet, safe and serene. It is, indeed, my "safe" place. It is the spot I go to when I meditate, when I want to de-stress, or when I just want a quiet moment. I've come to associate this place I have created in my mind with the peacefulness that is my goal.
Does this place really exist in the "real" world? If I could fly anywhere, it would be to this place. I hope, with a passion unmatched by anything else in my heart and mind, that it does. I yearn for it, and yet it is already in me and cannot ever be taken from me. How curious!

No comments: