Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Baby's got blue eyes

"Write about a physical characteristic you are proud to have inherited or passed along."
Hands down easy, it is the blue eyes. I love blue eyes. I just plain love eyes, actually.
They are the windows into the soul, after all. Maybe it's because I have blue eyes, but I prefer blue ones. The most amazing eyes I have ever seen belonged to a friend I had in high school - they were violet. Brown eyes are lovely and velvety and warm. Hazel eyes, uh-oh, watch out for those hazel eyes! You never know what color they will be! That is pretty cool. But blue eyes....ooh, I just can't help myself. I go all mushy over blue eyes.
I don't particularly go in for pride, or at least I don't think I do, especially when it comes to my physical characteristics. I don't tend to think of myself as good-looking, even though plenty of people have said so. Eh, I think to myself, what do they know? But I am a total sucker for compliments about my eyes! Luckily for me, they will still be beautiful even when I am old and wrinkled and stuff!! I picture myself, face wizened and body bent by age, but still with a bright blue twinkle in the optical orbs.
P.S. Click on the title to go to Elton John singing "Blue Eyes"
P.P.S. This song is also one of my favorites, because once my big brother Warren was singing it; so it always reminds me of him.

No comments: