Wednesday, September 10, 2008

20 years ago....

I saw this on my niece's blog, and she tagged me, so now it's my turn!
....20 years ago....
1) I was married to my first husband, Neil.
2) I was working as an Accounts Payable Supervisor at US Surgical.
3) We were planning our trip to wine country in California.
....10 years ago.....
1) I was married to my last husband, John!
2) We had a one year old son, our pride and joy, Window Boy!
3) We were living in Fairfield CT,and I was working as a payroll manager at USS.
....5 years ago...
1) Husband and I were talking divorce. That SO did not happen, thank you!
2) It was, needless to say, a true low point in my life.
3) Had just been on a great but HOT trip to Disneyworld with Allison, Daniel and Julia. (Seems like longer ago!)
....3 years ago...
1) We were living in Lighthouse Point, Florida.
2) We were not loving those hurricanes! This was the year of Katrina, Rita and most of all, Wilma, which is the one that convinced me to get the heck out of Florida ASAP.
3) John was working up North and racking up the frequent flier miles (which enabled us to have a free trip to Cleveland this summer!).
....1 year ago....
1) We had just moved to beautiful Northwest Jersey!
2) The kids were starting their new schools.
3) John and I got to go away to Cape Cod for the weekend.
....This year so far....
1) The kids and I visited our family and old haunts in Florida in April.
2) We all went on a great but HOT vacation to Williamsburg and DC.
3) We are feeling more settled and happy in our new life here.
....Yesterday.....
1) It was raining cats and dogs, and I stepped in a poodle.
2) I had a facial at the spa.
3) I started reading a book for the neighborhood book club I am joining.
....Today.....
1) It is a beautiful sunny day.
2) I had coffee with my neighbor this morning.
3) I am going to tackle my extensive chore list after this.
....Tomorrow....
1) I am meeting with Julia's teacher.
2) No doubt I will be doing more chores.
3) I am going to watch my neighbor's kids while she goes to Back to School night.
(and she will do the same for me next week)
....Next year.....
1) We are probably going to have a "staycation" and paint the deck.
2)We will be getting a new car.
3) I will be even happier and more active than I am now.

Now I tag YOU!

1 comment:

Allison said...

AWESOME...it gave me chills that 5 years ago today bit. wow...so happy for you guys TODAY!! :) love you.