Sunday, February 3, 2008

Write Now?

I finally had the courage to read the novel I began to write in November. I decided it is awful, and not at all what I want to write. There are some good bits, but I don't think the plot is original enough. Certainly the writing borders on hackneyed, at least in my opinion.
Of course, we are our own worst critics. Still, I am going back to the drawing board with this one. I still think I want to write on the theme of memory, but I have to go in a different direction. This time, I will write an outline first. So:
#1) Establish a goal, e.g. a basic premise of the story: Foundation
#2) Draw up an outline of the major events of the story: Framework
#3) Add deliciously descriptive prose and interesting characters: Foof!
Yes, okay, I can do this.

No comments: