Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Reluctant

When you don't want to do something, it is difficult to get started. But, what about the times when you're thinking "I want to do this" but you still find it difficult to get started? Why be reluctant in this case? More often than not, the answer is: fear. And, more often than not, the fear is of: the unknown.
Reluctance is a signal from your Higher Self to examine your motives, listen to the fear, and accept the fact that pushing on ahead is going to get you past the fear.
It's as if you are standing on the edge of an abyss. Of course, you are reluctant to take that first step. You are wise to be reluctant! But, what if the outcome were assured? What if you knew, beyond the shadow of a doubt, that when you took that first step, you would either find solid ground (miraculously) beneath your feet, or (even more miraculously) you would find that you had sprouted wings and could fly?
Would you be reluctant then?
Or would you take a leap of faith?
Replace reluctance with faith.
Because the outcome is assured.

2 comments:

Allison said...

amen Auntie!

I am reading the book The four agreements. Have you heard of it? speaks about a lot of this...hysterically the other day after I read your reply to my facebook post I read a little of the book and came across "say what you want"...love it! I thought for a bit that I really did mean "ask for what you want" but in reading I think I really did mean "say what you want Allison". haha. see you soon!

Meredith said...

Yes, I have read the Four Agreements. I guess I really did retain some of it! That's good to know!
"Say What You Want" is something I am still learning to do. And it continues to amaze me how effective it really is.