Wednesday, March 2, 2011

March! Wednesday Hodgepodge!

Visit From This Side of the Pond, using the link to Wednesday Hodgepodge to the left.


1. March 2nd is Dr. Seuss's birthday so I'm wondering...do you like green eggs and ham? Okay-how about this instead...how do you like your eggs? Or don't you?

Say!
I like green eggs and ham!
I do!! I like them, Sam-I-am!
And I would eat them in a boat!
And I would eat them with a goat.
And I will eat them in the rain.
And in the dark. And on a train.
And in a car. And in a tree.
They are so good so good you see!
 
I like eggs so many ways! I guess a fluffy herb-and-cheese omelet might be a top choice.

2. Is March coming in like a lion or something less ferocious where you live?

As a matter of fact, March came in like a fox! I was awakened yesterday in the wee hours by the cry of one of the vulpine creatures that skulk about in the dark around here. 
Weather wise, it's been c-o-l-d, tempered only by the sight of forsythia, daffodils and other early bloomers. Not too bad.

3. Do you work better or worse under pressure?
 
Oh, better. But not so much better that I create undue pressure by waiting til the last minute to get something done. Well, maybe I do that a little.

4. March Madness-are you a fan? It's college basketball in case you're wondering. And if you're outside the USA tell us-is there any sort of 'madness' taking place during March in your part of the world?
 
No, and none.

5. Under what circumstances do you do your best thinking?
 
What a thought-provoking question! I think I do my best thinking when I am in a quiet, peaceful place, by myself, and I am well-rested, reasonably well-fed, and caught up on my to-do list. Er, scratch that. I think I do my best thinking when I decide I do not have to be in a quiet, peaceful place, by myself, well-rested, reasonably well-fed, and caught up on my to-do list in order to do my best thinking.

6. What item of clothing from your wardrobe do you wear most often?

Underwear?

7. Do you use sarcasm?

I try not to, because I think there are kinder ways to be funny, and clearer ways to express discontent.

8. Insert your own random thought here.
 
This morning I decided that my word for the day would be 'prognosticate' but I couldn't foresee the circumstance in which I would be able to use it in a sentence. Voila!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

#6 made me giggle. Stating the obvious, eh? At least for most people, I would venture to guess. Have a great day!

Sheena said...

Herb and Cheese Omelette...mmm...what a great idea!

Donna @ The House on the Corner said...

Prognosticate will have to be my word for today also.... It so caught my attention that I had to stop and look up the definition. Since I've gone to that effort, it makes since that I would now do something with it!! I can't wait to see the look on my co-worker's face when I use it in a sentence ;-)

Expats Again said...

Your omelet sounds delicious! I will have to try it.

Tammy Enjoy Life said...

Had to look up the word prognosticate--can't wait to use it-predict heads will turn when I do. Loved #6 answer--- Enjoyed reading your answers. Have a good rest of the week.

Joyce said...

Love your word of the day! Judging from the comments, mine included, I think we need instructions for preparing your herb omelette.