Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Happy Spring...Hodgepodge!

You can see the originating post at From This Side of the Pond, using the link to the left...
1. Sunday was the first day of spring. So they say. Ahem.
What is your favorite outdoor springtime activity?
Strolling through a field of daffodils on a bright, sunny day!

2. Who would you want to come into your kitchen to cook dinner for you?
 Dead, Famous: Julia Child, because she is such a compelling figure. I'd just love to have her regale me as she cooks, and then sit down to savor it all with her.
Alive, Famous: Ina Garten, not only for her food, but for the way she giggles. 
Dead, Not Famous: My grandma, because she is my gold standard of familial love, and I can still smell her cooking in my mind!
Alive, Not Famous: My children, because it would mean they were paying attention to what I've been trying to teach them.

3. When did you last fly a kite?
A couple of summers ago...hmm, too long!

4. What topic puts you to sleep faster than anything?
Polysomnography :-)

5. Which flowers do you associate with specific people, places, or events?
Roses remind me of my mom, because they're her favorite. 

6. What significant historical events took place during your elementary school days?
Vietnam War (my big brother was in the Air Force, over there) assassinations of MLK and RFK, first man on the moon, detente with the Soviet Union, Watergate break-in...

7. Do you swear? Do you pseudo-swear? (You know crap, shoot, friggin'?)
Try not to, but I do slip up here and there.

8. Insert your own random thought here. 
I heard this the other day: My job is not to be perfect, my job is only to be human.

3 comments:

Joyce said...

Polysomnography! Aren't you the clever one? : ) Of course I had to google it to 'get it' but I'm always happy to learn a new word!

Hughenden Manor in High Wycombe always has amazing daffs!

Anonymous said...

Liked your #8. I need to remember that in my quest for personal perfection. :D

Tammy Enjoy Life said...

Enjoyed your answers especially your random thought.