Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Wednesday Hodgepodge

There is a link to the originating blog to the left.

1. What is more important-doing what you love or loving what you do?

'Loving what you do' holds more importance for me. I believe in being present, in giving attention to the task, no matter how small. I aspire to live that belief, although I may not always achieve it. 'Doing what you love' is wonderful, although not always practical. Better to learn to love what you do.
Also: "Before enlightenment, carry water, chop wood. After enlightenment, carry water, chop wood." Bringing your awareness (love) to any endeavor can also deepen your experience of living.

2. Do you like bleu cheese?

Yes, please, the 'stinkier' the better!

3. What is the most difficult emotion for you to handle?
If you define emotion as 'feeling in motion,' then I would have to say fear is the most difficult for me. I think that is mostly because fear tends to paralyze me. My fear stops me from doing things I want to do. Ultimately, fear is the one thing holding me back from living out my greatest dreams. 

4. Fresh flowers or a box of chocolate? 

Fresh flowers are a feast for the heart.

5. What's a song you love that has the word 'love' in its title? It doesn't have to be a 'love song'. 

Oh! I was just thinking of this song the other day! 

"Let's Fall In Love" 




6. Are you the person you wanted to be when you grew up?
No. See #3 above.

7. Any special Valentines Day plans?

My family and I will be on a mini-break in Iceland! We're excited about exploring a bit of that beautiful place. I think we'll be spending the day taking a super-Jeep tour of the glaciers and waterfalls in the area surrounding Reykjavik.

8. Insert your own random thought here.

With God, all things are possible.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's so nice to come across a fellow blogger from England!
Great answers to your hodgepodge. Hope you have a great time in Iceland - sounds fantastic!

Joyce said...

We were thinking alike on #6.
I believe you're going to win the prize for most interesting Valentines Day plans. There isn't a prize but if there were I think you'd win : )

Jill said...

Sounds like you're going to have lots of fun on Valentine's Day!

I'm surprised at how many people listed fear as the emotion they struggle with. I struggle with it a great deal, but I don't think it would have been the first thing to come to mind.

Michelle said...

LOL...I like your answer to #2

A lot of people listed fear for the emotion question, I also answered fear.

Have a wonderful Valentine's!!

Donna @ The House on the Corner said...

Wow ~ Iceland!! One thing that I envy about those of you who live in Europe - you can tour the most interesting places like I take a trip to the next state....but tons more exciting.

Tammy Enjoy Life said...

Love your answer to #6 all I can say is WOW!!!! I enjoyed reading your answers.

Unknown said...

Love your honest answer about fear holding you back. I understand completely. Wish I had maintained my teenaged attitude of not caring so much what other people thought.