Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Wednesday Hodgepodge

There is a link to the Wednesday Hodgepodge, whence these questions came, to the left.

1. Would you rather be seen as a person who did their duty or forged their own path?

I subscribe to the thought "Seek first to understand, then to be understood." Thus, in any given situation, what matters more to me than how others see me, is whether I understand the rightness of my choice to either do my duty or forge my own path. In any case, I also don't think the two are mutually exclusive. On the contrary, I often feel it is my duty to forge my own path! (Have I successfully wriggled out of giving a straight answer on this one?)

2. This week's Wednesday Hodgepodge happens to fall on Groundhog's Day. In keeping with that theme, if you could have a do-over of any one day out of the last seven, which day would it be and why. If you haven't seen the movie Groundhog Day this question will make absolutely no sense but that's okay....you can answer anyway.

Hmmm...if I had a do-over, I would have skipped going to London's largest shopping mall last Saturday. I am not a huge fan of malls anyway, and it was just way too crowded. I spent the whole time feeling vaguely irritated and slightly claustrophobic. And the store which was our destination was closed for renovations!!


3. Hot cocoa...yay or nay on the marshmallows?

Yay!

4. Do you wear makeup every day? What are the top two must haves in your daily makeup routine?

I do not wear makeup every day, although I probably should. I just can't be bothered, and where I live, there is slim chance I will run into anyone I know!
I usually wear it on the weekend, when my husband is around, so I look pretty for him.
The top two must haves? Moisturizer with SPF, and lip gloss!

5. Is it more important to you in a relationship to be loved or understood?

Another quote: "The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return."
I think the two go hand in hand. That is, love encompasses understanding, as well as transcending it. Even so, my husband doesn't have to understand why I like things "just so," but it helps that he loves me, including that part of me that likes things "just so."

6. Parsley sage rosemary or thyme... your favorite?

Nice question! My favorite for cooking is thyme, but my favorite for rubbing and then smelling my fingers is rosemary!

7. What do you do when you feel angry?

Depends on the situation. Usually I give myself a time-out, in order to calm down and deal with the anger in an appropriate manner.
That sounds so mature. Sometimes I just yell.

8. Insert your own random thought here.

My random thought is a prayer for the healing of a person I don't even know, but whose blog I was introduced to recently. She is a 38 year old mom of two who suffered a stroke last month. You can see her blog here ....

4 comments:

Bobbi said...

Thanks for your continued prayers for Joanne...She's just moved to a rehab facility and started HARD recovery OT/PT work this week. She signed I love you, TWO to her daughter the other day...God is SO good!

I think it is SO cute that you wear make-up just for your husband! AWWW!

Joyce said...

I've been to that 'largest mall'...it had just opened though and was practically deserted. My teenage girls enjoyed it as the concept of mall is different in the UK.

Everyone has tried to wriggle out of #1-me inclucded : )

Michelle said...

My hubby doesn't enjoy going to the mall for the same reason.
Me..any excuse to go somewhere is great with me.

Expats Again said...

"I give myself time out." What a lovely concept.