Friday, February 25, 2011

Graceful

Monday's child is fair of face,
Tuesday's child is full of grace,
Wednesday's child is full of woe,
Thursday's child has far to go,
Friday's child is loving and giving,
Saturday's child works hard for a living,
But the child who is born on the Sabbath Day
Is bonny and blithe and good and gay.
This is a traditional fortune-telling poem that supposedly tells a child's character or future based on the day of the week on which they were born.
I was born on a Tuesday. I am full of grace.
I don't particularly think of myself as graceful in the physical sense. Nor am I clumsy.
But looking at the word 'grace' I find that its meaning resonates strongly with my experience of life. I've enjoyed a great deal of good favor. Choosing to focus on its positive aspects, I find a wealth of beauty, good will, mercy, and moral strength (all definitions of grace). Most of all, I see the Love of God throughout. What could be more graceful than that?

1 comment:

Allison said...

we had a conversation about this at christmas time with all the families. it was fun figuring out each of our "days" haha. I am sunday. Griffin is Friday, Paisley is wednesday, and Lee is Tuesday. how fun!