Friday, January 4, 2008

Blog Rules

It has come to my attention that I have been breaking most, if not all, of the major rules of blogging. If you know blogs, then you know instinctively what these rules are, so I don't think I need to enumerate my transgressions. On the other hand, if you don't know blogs, and you just happen to read mine, and you get the feeling that something is missing, you are right! Aren't you happy about this? No? Oh, okay. Well, now that I have satisfied your craving for my daily post, I can go back to living my rich, passionate, transparent, authentic life of integrity and engagement.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

what rules? you are no rule breaker!

Allison said...

what are these riles

Meredith said...

This is all because Gudrun asked me why I skipped a day of posting! To be fair, she did discount the notion that there is some kind of rule that you have to post every day. Anyway I Googled "blog rules" and found that they actually do exist, even if they are arbitrary!!
Basically,the rules have to do with being honest, inviting comments, citing other blogs, creating links to items of interest (digg it!), and in general acting like you have nothing else to do all day but update your blog! As if!

Anonymous said...

There are guidelines & etiquette. There are practices that make your blog more successful. The frenzy of everyday posting is a personal choice. The basic one that everyone seems to agree on is to be generous.