Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Let there be Light

We are beings of Light. I know this because when I look into another person's eyes, I see Light there. This is true even if the person is unhappy, ill or otherwise not in a "good" mood. The Light must shine, no matter what. Of course, there are plenty of times when the Light is so dim or clouded or in some way covered, that it seems nearly impossible to see. No worries, the Light is still there.
When this happens, I can help by sending some Light in the direction of that person. It does not need to be obvious, or even accompanied by any physical sign that this is taking place. This is purely a mental exercise. Sending Light to one who needs it is perhaps one of the easiest ways to give to another.
Now, here is the most important part: as soon as I send this person some Light, I immediately send this same Light to myself. This is key. I must acknowledge and receive that which I give freely to another. Light is infinite, after all. This giving and receiving can happen in an instant, and change the entire dynamic of your encounter.

No comments: