Thursday, October 8, 2009

An Ideal Day, through the Decades

When I was a child, an ideal day would be:
-wake up to a sunny, warm, pleasant day
-have a breakfast of Maypo
-play outside in the yard all day: make forts, have a picnic lunch, play, play, play
-barbeque dinner, with roasted marshmallows AND ice cream for dessert
-hide and seek after dark with all the neighborhood kids
-fall asleep with the windows open, listening to the buoys out in the harbor

In my teens, a ideal day would be:
- wake up to a warm, sunny, pleasant day
-have a breakfast picnic at Camp Columbia, then go for a hike in the woods
-visit the Heseltines or Polly (time spent with family friends)
-watch burning plastic drop from the ceiling into a bucket of water (who thought of this??)

In my 20's an ideal day would be:
- wake up to a warm, sunny, pleasant day
- spend the entire day at the beach, preferably on Cape Cod
-out to dinner and a movie with friends

In my 30's an ideal day would be:
- wake up to a warm, sunny, pleasant day
- spend the day in New York City, exploring, eating, whatever
-take in a play or concert

In my 40's an ideal day would be:
- wake up to a warm, sunny, pleasant day
-spend the morning with my kids, and have them be happy and well-behaved
-massage, facial and pedicure in the afternoon
-barbeque or dinner with friends and family
-lots of laughter

Now, as I begin my 50's, an ideal day is:
-wake up.

(Ha ha just kidding.)

1 comment:

Shirl said...

love it! I thought of your punchline as I was reading your lists. Funny about that plastic dripping- I forgot about that. must have been a dream!