Monday, August 18, 2008

Swimming in the Sea - A Reverie

I am swimming in a cool, clear, calm blue sea. It is early morning, and the light of the sun is just bright enough at the horizon to create a rosy glow about me. The sky appears to be endless. It contains lovely colors, and is dotted by a few wispy clouds. The air is warm and the breeze is light, with just the scent of the salt water. Far in the distance, a few birds practice their climbs and dives. They call out to one another. Aside from that, all I hear is the water lapping gently around me. My swimming is effortless, and I know that I can stop and rest at anytime, because here the water is not deep. If I stand up, the sand beneath my feet is soft and smooth. Yet I keep on swimming, because I am enjoying it so much. My body feels strong and healthy and alive. I am so happy to be here now!

No comments: