Wednesday, May 11, 2011

May 11, 2011 Wednesday Hodgepodge

The link to From This Side of the Pond is to the left....


1. How many times in your life have you moved house?
Not counting a couple of times when I was too young to remember, and a few temporary places during college, I've moved sixteen times! I'd never counted before. Wow! And it's about to be 17 next month, when we move from London to Switzerland.

2. What subject would you study if you had a year to devote to it?
Probably something to do with hospice, as over and over in my life I have felt drawn to working in this area.

3. What in this world breaks your heart?
When Fear crowds out Love.

4. What is one item that symbolizes the times in which we live? Why?
The smartphone, because you hold the entire world in your hand.

5. Share a favorite bumper sticker or t-shirt slogan.
"Don't Believe Everything You Think"

6. How do you like your spaghetti?
Cooked! :-)

7. What is one piece of advice you would give a recent, or soon to be recent, graduate?
Now, your real education can begin. Follow your dreams, and don't hold back. 
Work hard, but don't let life's joys pass you by in the process.

8. Insert your own random thought here.
I can't get this song out of my head!

4 comments:

Joyce said...

Ha-I love the bumper sticker!

Best of luck with your next move...sounds exciting to me : )

Donna @ The House on the Corner said...

I've never thought of a smart phone like that, but you're right! You can totally access the world from the palm of your hand!

Love the bumper sticker too!

Anonymous said...

Haha!! Love your bumper sticker :)

Anonymous said...

Hospice...very impressive! Who knows...maybe one day. It sounds like God is really speaking to your heart about that.