Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Wednesday Hodgepodge

I am having a go at a weekly set of questions that a fellow blogger, "From This Side of the Pond," creates. To enjoy her blog, click on the link to the left...

1. Will you watch the Super Bowl? If so who will you root for? If you are outside the USA what is the 'big deal sporting event' in your own country?

I think I will record the Super Bowl, and watch it the next day. Here in England, of course, it doesn't start until quite late, past my bedtime! Still, I enjoy watching the Super Bowl, even if only for all the potentially funny, controversial or groundbreaking ads! That's right, I watch the Super Bowl for the ads!!
Needless to say, for England there is only one football, and it is indeed a big deal sporting event. I learned that first hand during the World Cup last year!

2. Is ignorance bliss?

Ignorance is ignorance and bliss is bliss, but I don't equate the two. I think the saying was created to justify keeping people in the dark. Speaking from experience, usually that of which I have been ignorant has been kept from me in order to spare me injury or anger. But absence of injury/anger is not the same as bliss. The truth will out, as they say. And then, what good did ignorance do but delay the inevitable?

3. Which of the seven dwarfs are you? (and just in case your Disney is a little bit rusty, here they are-Bashful, Doc, Dopey, Grumpy, Happy, Sleepy, and Sneezy)

Almost always, I am Happy. As it happens, you caught me on a "Grumpy" day, and I don't want to talk about it! Back to being Happy soon enough.

4. When you are riding in the car with another couple how do you organize the seating? (Men up front? Women up front? Couples sit together?) And thanks to Lori at Mountain Woman at Heart for the question! Everyone go say hi to Lori.

No rules or patterns to report here.

5. What is beauty?

Beauty is a quality that brings pleasure to its beholder. In an ideal world, beauty is truth, and truth beauty: so that if something is beautiful, it must be true, and all truths are beautiful. But reality is not so simple. The truth can be ugly, and lies can seem pretty.

6. If someone asks you to bring an appetizer or a dessert to a party in their home, which would you choose?

Probably a dessert, because I enjoy baking.

7. What is your crowd pleasing go-to appetizer?

Hot Artichoke Dip. Yum!

8. Insert your own random thought here.

Love cannot be far behind a grateful heart and thankful mind. (That's really a quote from somewhere, but it's the first thought that popped into my head! It's something I try to say to myself at least once a day.)

5 comments:

Joyce said...

Thanks for playing along today! It was fun to read your answers... #2 is what I was thinking but you said it better: )

Thena said...

Great answers. Love the quote.

Michelle said...

I like your answers.
I hope your day brightens up for you.

Amy said...

I'm telling you there is a fine line between Grumpy and Happy...hope tomorrow is more of a Happy day. I LOVE your answer to #2 VERY insightful, thanks.

Shannon said...

I love your random thought! I think I will have to tuck that quote into my mind and repeat it regularly! Thanks for sharing your answers!!! :)