Monday, December 22, 2008

What I'm Not Thankful For, What I Didn't Do, and What Did Not Happen

I read another blogger's lists of what they accomplished, what they are grateful for and what happened in 2008.
I felt at once admiration, and consternation at the thought of creating my own list. It doesn't help that I have not been in a particularly positive mood lately. So I have decided to make lists of what I didn't do, what I am not grateful for, and what did not happen in 2008. Here goes:
WHAT I DIDN'T DO:
Go back to school
Volunteer my time more
Sustain my weight loss
Cut expenses more
Recycle everything possible
Make a commitment to much of anything
Work for pay
Cry enough
Finish NaNoWriMo (I got to about 30,000 words)
Spread the love enough

WHAT I AM NOT GRATEFUL FOR:
Okay this is not going to work, because I can't think of one thing that I am "not grateful" for that I cannot also see some sort of silver lining or positive aspect in. I guess I really am an incurable optimist.

WHAT DID NOT HAPPEN:
I was not able to sustain a contrarian attitude for an entire post. Go figure.

1 comment:

Allison said...

awesome! why didn't this come through my bloglines? Gudy had to alert me to its beauty and humor :)