Friday, July 18, 2008

This morning

"Every day is golden. Every moment is sweet and precious and meant to be lived." These are words my grandmother repeated again and again in her last years. I often had the feeling, when I heard her say them, that she was trying to instill this message in us. I know she was also saying it for herself. I always would smile and nod and agree, but a part of me wanted to take her by the shoulders and look her in the eyes, and say, " I get it, Grandma!" But I didn't say it, of course. Because she had a need to relate the message. It comforted her to relate the message.
So, having taken a two week break from my blog, I was thinking about a message to relate today. That is what got me thinking about the comfort found in relating a message, and about the need to relate a message. We all tell our stories to others as we are living them, whether consciously or not. Sometimes it is necessary to explain or divulge details. Other times it is quite enough to live one's life and let that living be the message.
This is my message to you: Don't worry about a thing. Every little thing is going to be alright.
(A little birdie told me so.)

No comments: