Thursday, March 27, 2008

Thoughtful thoughts

The world is changed one thought at a time.
I'd like to get this idea once and for all.
Still, it seems I need continual reminding.
Think again! (so goes my thought)
What was I thinking? (I think)
One nice thought came to me recently, around the time I was agonizing over the thought that, really nothing I ever think is original or unique to me (although why that should be bothersome I still have not fathomed). It (the nice thought, in case you had lost track) is this: since we are all connected, and separation is an illusion, then any thought that you have likewise I have as well. This can also be said as: great minds think alike. So do less than great ones, but that's off-topic. So, instead of berating myself for not really having any original thoughts, I can now congratulate myself on being connected to all the great thoughts that exist! Simply by thinking them myself, I can be part of that greatness too! Isn't that fabulous? I am not really sure what this has to do with my first thought at the beginning of this post. It doesn't really matter, I suppose, since no one ever reads this blog anyway. Or if they do, they don't admit to it. That's okay. It's an easy way to keep a diary. And it keeps me honest. Because maybe someday someone will see this, and now they will know I am writing down exactly what I am thinking, without bothering with a minor detail of whether it is truly an original thought! Oh who am I kidding? I long to be creative. There it is. But then, that is like saying, I long to be human. Well, here I am.

No comments: